Monday, February 20, 2012

Back with a Smile

I'm back! Did you miss me? ha ha  Due to some technical problems, I've been unable to post to the blog the last few weeks. Ok, I've been able, but it's been much less convienent... Someone broke our laptop... I won't mention names, but she's thankful to have a wonderful, forgiving, and technologically talented husband :)  I still have access to our dinosaur of a desktop... Eventually I'll get around to finishing posting the pictures... eventually. It's amazing how much my time gets sucked up by two active preschoolers and a very hungry newborn. All the more reason to miss the convienence of a laptop. But I'm so thankful for what I do have :)

What's something new we have??? a SMILING baby!

Ruth's been smiling since she was 5 weeks old. Well... we think her smiles became purposeful at 5 weeks. But the last week and a half, they've not just been smiles - they've lit up her whole face! And the cooing that goes with them will melt anyone's heart :)  I've had a hard time capturing her smiles on camera, since she's usually done by the time I get a camera. But yesterday I caught a bunch while Daddy held her:


She loves smiling for her Daddy!



And he loves smiling back!





Ruth's wearing her new dress in all those photos - a gorgeous little dress that her 2nd cousin, Katelyn, and Katelyn's mom, Brenda, gave her this past week. Isn't it adorable? Almost as much as the baby wearing it ;-) Thank you, ladies, for all the pretty baby goodies! Ruth's enjoying them! Here's a better picture of her in the dress:

No comments: