Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bad Parenting


Have you seen this series of photos before??

Talk about bad parenting.

Poor ducklings.

Maybe it's photoshopped.


Well... I had my own moment this past week...

Not quite that bad.

But it could have been bad.

Probably could have been really bad.

But God protected Faith from her mother's stupidity.

What did I do?


It was dinner time. Jacob wasn't home - he was stuck in Austin all week. So that meant dinner time was a little more of a juggling act with me. No biggie. I could handle it.

Nathan was eating like a champ, even asked for seconds. And Faith was ignoring the cheerios on her high chair in favor of the carrots & squash I was feeding her. She was loving it! And I was impressed!

Then the poop came. Nathan exploded out his rear. It was pretty bad, and had to be cleaned up ASAP before it got on anything.

I put the carrots & squash down, made sure Faith was content with cheerios, and took Nathan off to clean up fast. Once clean, we returned to the living room/kitchen and this is what I saw....


Faith had climbed out of her high chair and onto the dining room table. She was sitting smack in the middle trying to use the spoon and her hands to eat the remaining pureed carrots & squash!! She really did like it - she climbed right over the cheerios (and knocked them on the floor) to get the veggies!

When I first saw her, I was in complete panic - I ran to the kitchen, only to see she was quite content and safe. So then, naturally, I grabbed the camera :)


I think I'm going to start using an old belt to buckle her in her chair - cause now all she wants to do is climb out! Our little girl never has been one to sit still for very long...

I'm so thankful God kept her from falling and taught me a lesson in the process.

No comments: