The last few weeks have been pretty busy for our family. So I haven't made many blog posts - sorry Gramma. What have we been up to?? Well... I was hard at work getting 2 years of the blog published in 2 digital scrapbooks (400 pages total - yikes!) through Blurb.com. That took up most of my free time for a few weeks. Then there's been a visit from my sister... the rodeo... teaching a MOPS coupon class... designing a website (Clever Coupon Chick's)... a trip to the zoo... house hunting... starting the process to get Nathan registered for speech therapy in the schools when he turns 3... going to a formal dinner with my hubby... taking a trip to Austin... visiting Jacob's grandparents, aunt & sister, and others... visiting the Austin Children's Museum... getting a giant donut twice the size of Faith's head... riding lots of miniature trains... getting our van a new tramission (again!)... speech therapy... Bible Study... a new small group we joined... Awana... ordering my first glass of vodka... gambling away $1,000 for the first time at casino black jack... lol... I'll have to explain those last two in another post. It's not quite what it sounds, hehe. Trust me! :) Do I have you on the edge of your seat wanting to know more about what we've been up to lately??? Good! Now... I just gotta find the time to blog about them all! I will. In fact, here's one right now... our trip to the San Antonio Zoo with Auntie M!
When Auntie M visited last weekend, we took her to the San Antonio Zoo
on Monday morning. Our fist stop was the tots area -
and Nathan took his aunt over the lily pads as we entered.
Once inside, the kids peeked through holes to check out the prairie dogs.
Don't you just love that little head of curls??? :)
Inside the tots center, the kids went fishing for magnetic fish
Auntie Me helped Nathan catch the big one!
There are tunnels and caves for the kids to play in
and play peek-a-boo through!
"I see you, Auntie Me!"
The kids posed with Mary at the big sloth statue
After walking around the tot area, checking out the giant fish
and different animals, it was time to move on to other areas of the zoo.
This time Faith got to "walk" the lily pads.
Auntie M helped her hop from pad to pad, with a few misses...
And Faith LOVED it. Even though both her feet got soaked. lol
Our next stop was the petting zoo, where Faith could feed the goats -
her favorite activity at the zoo! But we were disappointed to learn the goats
are on a diet till spring break... they wanted nothing to do with us since we had no food.
So sad...
But Auntie M kept Faith thrilled with rides
as we walked to our next destination... the Lori Landing.
We walked up to the 2-story bird cage and I bought 2 things of nectar.
I asked Mary if she'd seen photos on the blog from our past trips to the zoo.
She hadn't. Tisk Tisk, Mary. She was in for a surprise.
And I was not about to warn her... hehe
I just handed her the nectar and we went in. And....
This is what happened!
Within seconds, this is how she looked -
there's a 3rd bird behind her head that the camera can't see.
And this is about the time she's saying - through laughing lips -
"I'm going to kill you, Kim! They'd better not poop on me!"
LOL
Soon we found some less-friendly birds.
They wanted the nectar but didn't want to get on us.
Auntie M showed Nathan how to feed them, since they were less scary to him.
And Faith cautiously checked out the birds
Soon she was ready to pet them!
And even Nathan got more courage and fed the birds by himself!
We wrapped up our trip tot he zoo with a visit to the elephants.
And took a photo on a baby elephant statue.
Then it was off to the parking lot, to ride the miniature train and then head home for naps.
I'll post those stories - and lots more - in the days (and weeks) to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment