Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trunk or Treat 2010

Last night was Trunk-or-Treat at church. Apparently, this was only the 2nd year the church has hosted it. And the attendance at least doubled! They did a great job pulling off a fun family event!

We went as part of the cast of Toy Story. It all started with a $3 Buzz Lightyear costume I found at the dollar store. I couldn't pass up that deal! I made Nathan a set of wings to go along with his costume - and was impressed that he kept his hood on all evening! He loved his costume!

Faith went as an alien from Toy Story - thanks to a costume deal on Ebay. She kept her hood on for an hour - impressive, yet again! She was seriously cute ;-)

And, thanks to a friend's idea, Jacob & I went as Mr & Mrs Potato Head. I found costumes online... outrageously priced! $60 each. I figured I could easily make those costumes... and I did :) I was pretty proud of how they turned out! And pretty proud of Jacob for being willing to wear one with me ;-)


When we got to the start of the trunk-line,
Nathan was unsure of what to make of it all...
but Faith was loved just watching all the people!


With some persuasion, Nathan went up to people to "ask" for candy. Most people just had buckets out for kids to grab from themselves. It was funny to watch all the kids grab giant handfuls. And Nathan? He'd carefully select just one piece. People had to convince him to come back and get more :)


Within a few trunks, Nathan was catching onto this new game - and loving it!



And we saw lots of other Buzz Lightyears -
some were helping their parents pass out candy!



Faith even managed to get a pack of M&Ms or two -
everyone agreed she was adorable!


By the end of the line, Nathan was getting less and less hesitant
to go up and get candy from people.





But he didn't quite understand all the rules... on our way to find dinner and games, he stopped at a bench where a family was seated. And went up to the little girl's bucket to take some candy. LOL


We had some hot dogs and nachos for dinner... and candy :)

And Faith & Daddy got silly

Nathan played in the bounce house - and LOVED it!
In the past he's been not-so-thrilled with those inflatables. Not anymore!



Faith even went in the smallest one when there were no other kids. She had a great time - and I was so impressed at how often she was standing on her feet in it!



There were bean bag games for Nathan to play, too.

He didn't quite understand all their rules, either. He threw all 3 bean bags at once, from 6 inches away, into the same hole at one time. I know - talent! But then he'd throw his prize (candy, toy airplane, etc) through the hole, too. LOL

He really enjoyed painting!! He sat to create his masterpiece for the longest time!

And Daddy joined in ;)

When all the fun was dying down, and our kids were getting tired, it was time to head home. And dump out all the treasures that were collected! Ooh!! Yummy!

No comments: