Saturday, August 23, 2008

Super Nate

Nathan is getting good at lots of things...

... eating. He's still eating 6 or more oz at a feeding, every 2-3 hours.

... pooting. You should see the faces he makes. And at night, he'll cry through them, then fall right back asleep the moment he's done. He's his daddy's boy, thats for sure.

... holding his head up. And Jacob would add, flying. He can hold it up for a long time now.


... staying awake. He's wide awake most of the mid afternoon/early evening.

... crying. When he's got gas, when he's hungry, when he wants to change positions, when he gets pushed off the sofa by a cat... Just kidding about that last one ;-)
... pooping. Don't worry, I didn't post a pic this time.

... swimming. He still loves bath time! Its the only time he's happy being naked.

... growing. I noticed yesterday that his feet are so much closer to the edge of the car seat already Check out these pics from 6 days old to 6 weeks old.

... snoring. I took a video of this, its adorable. But the dumb blogger keeps having problems with the video upload. sorry!

... smiling. He's getting better, and the smiles come more frequently. But we still cannot make him smile yet.

... thumb sucking. He has his own unique flair, no fist making here.


... making silly faces.

... sleeping. Jacob thinks he takes after his mommy. I disagree. When I sleep, I don't want to get up 3 hours later!

... following people with his eyes and head. This is another video that the blogger won't let me upload... he'll move his whole head and eyes and follow me around from side to side, and even up above him.

... and last but not least, Nathan is great at having the world's best father! I just want to take this chance to say he really does have the best dad ever. And I have the best husband imaginable. Today, Jacob not only took care of Nathan all day while I worked, but in the afternoon to let me nap, and in the evening too. He bathed Nathan, fed Nathan, did a number of loads of laundry (AND folded AND put most away). He did a load of dishes and washed the diapers. He took care of finances (and inadvertantly discovered his b-day gift... oops). He grilled chicken for dinner and gave me a back rub. How awesome is my husband?!?!?! No, he's not for rent :)

BUT there is more good news. He found out that he got accepted to take the professional engineer's exam (PE exam) on Oct 24th. Thank you all who were praying. Since the April exam's deadline was just two months before the exam, who'd have thunk that the October deadline would be 4 months before?!? So his application was 2 months late and there was question as to if they'd accept him. They did - yeah! Now the studying and praying really begins.


Oh no... how'd that get there?!?! ha ha

1 comment:

Marie said...

Gramma's prayer warriors strike again!! I have had all my friends praying that Jacob would be able to take the exam in October. God is so good. Guess I should tell you that I have them praying that Jacob's dream job is offered to him as soon as he passes the exam and that the job is in Maryland!! WARNING ... my prayer warriors have been hard at work on this one, so you probably should start packing now :)
I can't wait to hold Nathanael. I am sure that he holding all of those smiles in until I get there!