Thursday, August 14, 2008

Watch Out Below!

You missed it! And the camera wasn't close enough. But the mental image will be with me forever. Jacob & Nathan have had some messy bonding experiences today. The first was at Mr. Gatti's (we took the rising 5th & 6th graders out to dinner/games tonight). I'd just passed Nathan off to Jacob so I could eat and all of the sudden there was a noise that Jacob described as the slurping of a straw in an almost empty cup. I can only imagine there was rumbling and vibrations down below that matched the noise ;) Those of us nearby were not about to offer assistance - just laughter and a little sympathy for what he was about to have to clean up. Jacob was a trooper though and changed Nathan's diaper. He was amazed at the poo (obviously he must not change enough dirty diapers.... I should do something about that, hehe).

The poo was funny, but what took place at home was better (in my opinion). Nathan had eatten and Jacob had him on his chest for a while. It'd been 30 minutes since he'd eatten, and both boys were as content as could be. Then out of no where comes a belch and spit up. Jacob jumps. And then comes an eruption. I mean an eruption like I've only seen once before (when we changed formula many weeks ago). It went a good 4-6 inches straight up in the air and then down all over Jacob and the couch. Jacob didn't think it was funny. I sure did! Needless to say, I got stuck cleaning the sofa and Jacob gave Nathan a bath. But oh was it worth it to watch Jacob's reaction to the explosion :) But sadly, it was the good stuff that he threw up... and since I'm still not making enough to keep up with our eatting machine, its tough to see the good stuff go to waste. Now though, he's as content as could be and sound asleep on his daddy. Its been a fun night of messes, from my perspective :)

Its been a good day in general, I'm still getting the hang of motherhood & work. Its a big adjustment that I wasn't prepared for. But its forcing me to rely more of God in ministry (and life) - and I need to do that. Days no longer feel like the movie "Groundhog Day" but now the time flies by. I can only begin to see how fast Nathan will grow up. He's already changed so much. Its an incredible experience to be a mom, beyond any words. He certainly has changed our lives and blessed us!


This pic is not from tonight, but back a few weeks ago when he threw up formula. He was asleep and stayed asleep, so I snapped the picture before cleaning up. It also went straight up in the air before coming down, but this is only about 1/2 of what he tossed up all over his daddy tonight ;)

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hey Kim...just got to read your blog...we've been CRAZY busy this week!! I love your pictures...best I've seen on a blog. ;)

Kimberly said...

Hi Kim,
I just found your blog..It's great! Nathan is adorable. I got a sneak peak at him at church on Sunday. What a precious gift you got! If you ever need a sitter...I love babies..