Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Faith is 6 Months Old


Faith turned 6 months old on April 23rd. I know, I'm late again. I've had so many blog posts scheduled to post everyday, that I forget about it easily. It's not like theres anything else going on in our lives at the moment... ;-)

So let me tell you about my little 1/2 year old :) Especially since she doesn't even own a baby book yet... so I haven't written any of this down yet!

* She's 18 lbs, 12 oz. - 91st percentile for her age

* She's 28.25 inches tall - 99th percentile for her age

* Her head circumference is 17.3 inches - the 87th percentile for her age

* She's wearing size 12months most of the time. Most of her 3-6 month pants still fit fine. It's her long torso that is hard to fit... so 12 month shirts and dresses fit her best.

* She's wearing size 2 in shoes - and still has room to grow into them. Such little feet for a tall little girl!

* She's crawling all over the place. She's starting to master true crawling now - and not just the inch-worm crawl. She still has some progress to make before she can compete in a crawling contest in the nursery... but she can make her way around the room without any trouble!

* She's sitting up well now. I thought it was weird that she started crawling before she was sitting. Silly girl :) But now she can easily sit or go from a tummy-time position to a seated position without trouble.

* She loves toys now. So we pulled out all her Christmas toys for her to play with. One problem... she rarely gets them. Nathan LOVES them all too much. So he'll steal her toy and give her a truck or an airplane to play with while he walks around with her doll or musical stuffed animal. He's a mess. And he's lucky that his sister doesn't mind any of this - YET.

* She's eating like a pro now - still one meal of solids a day. I think sweet potatoes are her favorite at the moment. Soon I'll start her on solids twice a day.

* She LOVES the grass. Completely opposite of her brother who thinks grass will kill him if he touches it. But on the other hand, Faith thinks baths will kill her... she hates them!!! So she only gets a two a week right now.

* She just started holding her own bottle - which is great for mom when she's trying to juggle a needy toddler, too!

* And she's sleeping through the night - HALLELUJAH!!! She has been for almost 2 weeks now. Sometimes she wakes at 4am, but puts herself back to sleep when she finds her pacifier.

Faith really is an amazing Gift from God - and all of us are so thankful she's part of our family. Even Nathan. He wouldn't know what to do if he didn't have a sister to sit on ;-)

No comments: