Monday, January 19, 2009

$.50 off headaches, aisle 9

It's been a rough day for Nathan. Which means a much rougher day for his mother... I've been unable to console him the entire day, unless we've been in the car or walking through a store. He hasn't napped - but one short nap in the cart while at Walmart... on a side note, he barely fits laying down in the kid's seat. I used the cart cover from his great grandma and then my coat as padding.... That was it as far as naps. And eatting? Forget that, too. He wants nothing to do with a bottle today. He'll eat solids though. He's had 3 meals all day. Well, 4 if you count the 2am one...

I called the doctor, but we didn't actually go in. Her nurse suggested motrin, tylenol, orajel, teething tablets, plenty of fluids and rest. HA... HA... HA... none of that works. Thats why I called her! brillant... anyways, she suggested if he's still like this tomorrow, to come in. And she shared that teething could cause pain in the ears when he sucks, which could account for why he won't take a bottle. She told me I still needed to get him to take 16oz of fluids a day, minimum. But gave no ideas on exactly how to do that. So we fight the battle of the bottle ;-)

With Nathan so upset today, I was thankful that ELC was out today - no one was around to hear him scream his lungs out, except for Gail, the custodian. He screamed the entire time I was at work. So I made it a short day in the office and figured I'd get more done in the evenings.

We left around 4 and headed to CVS & Walmart to continue in my new addiction to the coupon game. Here's what I scored:

5 12-packs of Dr. Pepper - for $7.86
2 12-packs of pepsi - for $3.14
3 bars of buddies soaps - for $0.39
4 boxes Arm & Hammer - They PAID ME 48 cents to buy take them! :)
1 Progresso soup - $0.40
2 boxes of popcorn shrimp - $0.16!
1 bag of Voila - $4.56
2 things of shower cleaner - $4.12
Allergy medication - FREE
and a box of Excedrin - which I so badly needed after today! - FREE

Total: $49.63
After coupons... I paid: $20.15

Woo hoo! That's like 60% off :) And it would have been even less if CVS had "Kids Throat Coolers" in stock... they're paying people $4.99 to buy take them! Their new stock comes in Wednesday... if I can, I'll be there for the free money :)

So how can you get the deals? Check out the new blog links on the side of my blog for my favorite blogs to watch. But here are the specifics on the deals I got:

AT CVS:
Buy $20 worth of Pepsi Products get $10 in ECB when you check out

CVS 24-Hour Allergy Medicine (5 ct) is $3.79
get $3.79 EBC. That equals FREE

Excedrin is on sale for $1.99
click HERE for a free $2/1 coupon!
means its FREE

Kids Throat Coolers are $4.99
get $4.99 in ECB. Use THIS BOGO coupon
and get PAID $4.99 in ECB to buy 2!


AT WALMART:
*note* Our Walmart doesn't have the sales going on that other blogs wrote about... I was disappointed to miss out on some free potatoes, soap & soup. Oh well. But here's what I got:

Progresso Soup on sale for $1.50
click HERE for a $1.10 coupon

Arm & Hammer Baking Soda (small box)
is $.38 a box. HERE is a coupon for $1 off 2.
Walmart will PAY YOU 12 cents a box!
I did it in two transactions to get 4 ;-)

SeaPak Shrimp Poppers are $1.32
HERE is a coupon for $1/1 box
When you add in the money made on A&H, they're 8 cents a box!

Voila coupon HERE for $1 off

Scrubbing Bubbles BOGO coupon HERE

Johnson's Buddies Soaps are $.99 at some Walmarts
Our Walmart doesn't sell this item - but Target does!
HERE is a coupon for $3/3.
In other words, get paid $.03 to take them!


There's lots more out there, check the blogs. They do all the hard work. I just got stuff we'll use. Granted it will take us 3 months to use all the Pepsi & Dr. Pepper... but, it was a great deal! And ever since I was pregnant with Nathan, I'm addicted to the Dr. Pepper drug drink anymore. :)

Join the coupon game. Check out The Coupon Game blog, it has been the most helpful for me as I am learning. Be sure to check out the lingo code on the left side bar - saves a bunch of wondering what stuff means. Check out all those blogs. I know I could save more, but they save me time and allow me to get deals for less time invested :) Also - I love this compilation site for printable coupons. It is thorough and easy to find anything. Although some things might be out of date before they get taken off the list... and some things aren't listed that I find elsewhere. But for the time saver, its so worth it!! And don't forget to visit Stacy's blog she helped start me on this new adventure! :)

On a Nathan note. He's getting better. And my headache is gone. He ate like a starving kid for his Daddy while I worked on the blog. And now, he's having a blast watch his Daddy make dinner - yes, Jacob is making dinner!! :-D Here's Nathan making Daddy think Mommy was lying about all the screaming that took place today...


Hopefully he sleeps tonight. But even if we're both up all night again, its ok... because "I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO" And really, I did! $498 a year!! I love this saving money game! Hopefully the GEICO rep doesn't call DSS on me for the screaming child in the background during our conversations. :)

Anyone else got great money saving tips to share??

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh I hope he starting to feel better soon. I just get a thrill out of them scanning the coupons. I know I'm weird!

Anonymous said...

Cute family indeed.Wish you peace,prosperity and absolute happiness.LOL:)

Cheers!!

Gifts to Bangalore|Gifts to India|Gifts to chennai