Saturday, January 31, 2009

Missions Explosion

Tonight missionaries to Singapore spent time with our kids for what we call Missions Explosion - part of our weekend long Global Missions Conference. Imagine a rotational VBS in one night and completely focused on missions. We have dinner, games, cultural stories, cultural foods, prayer, a craft, etc. We had almost 80 kids come tonight and had a great time.

A big THANK YOU to all the volunteers who helped make tonight smooth and fun for all the kids and missionaries. I heard a few kids saying "I wish we could come back tomorrow" as they were leaving. And then there were the boys who were conspiring on how to sharpen the chopsticks they were given to make for better play swords.... boys will be boys! But it was obvious they all hada great night!

Here are some photos from tonight. I make a personal point not post photos of kids' faces if I do not have parental permission, or unless their mom has a blog, too. So these are the best of the pics of blogger friend's kids :) Thank you to Jimmy for taking pictures tonight!

Our missionaries, Todd & Keelee, from Singapore.


Boys, practicing a chinese new year tradition.


Playing a relay race and practicing how to use those chopsticks!


Girls making a mess - Singapore style!


Could you do this?


Todd gave prizes out to some kids tonight - McDonald's toys from Singapore. He gave this one to Nathan - when Nathan is a bit older, he'll enjoy it much more! Thank you, Todd!

We had a fun night learning about missions!

Oh - on a completely other note... I rearranged my blog. Again. I like to rearrange stuff :) Its one reason I dislike living in such a small house so much... I can't move furniture around. So at least I can rearrange my blog. What do you think?

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I like it a lot!! I am gonna borrow those pictures of Noah. I see you made yourself a button!! What will you be doing on the 1st and 15th?

Kimberly said...

Love the new blog layout...