Friday, January 9, 2009

A Moment of Silence Please...

Today, our beloved moocher cat/neighborhood stray, Smokey, tried to find the answer to why the chicken crossed the road.... He will never know why. He didn't make it. What a sad sight to see as I pulled onto my street this evening. Poor Smokey. At least he wasn't someone's family pet. And that is one way to stop the reproduction of kitties in the neighborhood... Guess we wasted the $.02 it cost to castrate him with that bander a few weeks ago... oh well. Poor Smokey. He lived a long life, ate well and evidently loved much, too ;-)

2 comments:

Stacy said...

He lost the will to live after you clipped him..lol. Just kidding!! I know he will be missed.

Anonymous said...

and to think that the Wuenschel family robbed him of his last two weeks of fun. I am sorry that he was killed and that you had to be the one to find him. I hate the thought of any animal being hit by a car. It makes me sad and I didn't even know Smokey. PLEASE keep you cats inside. I couldn't bear the thought of one of them meeting the same fate.

Love you
Mom