Thursday, January 5, 2012

Faith's First Haircut

I have procrastinated on getting Faith her first haircut for far too long... partly because I didn't know how to have it cut. And pPartly because I was sure she'd lose her curls once it was cut. But today, the procrastination came to an end. Faith got her hair cut.

Gramma & I each talked up getting a haircut. Faith was so excited about it, and ready to have her hair cut. Until we got to the salon...

Once we were at the salon, she did not want to get her haircut.
She faught the idea of getting a shampoo... so the hairstylist "shampooed" her baby doll's hair, first. Then Gramma helped hold Faith over the sink for her turn. It didn't help much with the tears.


Even the idea of using a pink shampoo that smelled yummy,
that didn't make Faith feel better, either. 


Once done, I think she enjoyed having her hair wrapped in a towel, though.
At least until it was time to get in a chair.... 


Faith screamed and cried while the stylist combed her hair... 


And Gramma tried bribing her with all kinds of toys that she found around the salon. 


Nothing made Faith happy...
But notice her brother in the background?? 


Nathan was too busy having a blast with the yellow sports car chair, to notice that his sister was miserable. He had a lollipop, a sports car and a personal TV that was playing Dora. What else could he want? 


 Faith had a lollipop, too. And Dora, and a pink car chair.
But she wasn't anywhere near as happy as Nathan.


Soon, her haircut was almost over.
And to my surprise - she still had curls!!!


But that bit of information didn't make her happy, either. 


Once her haircut was over, I asked Faith if she had fun.
She said she did! Go figure.
Maybe we'll try again in a few months...
In the meantime, she has a cute haircut.
She didn't lose her curls. But she did lose her mullet-like look ;-)
What a pretty liitle girl!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Oh wow...I've never seen a wash attempted on one so young!! Maybe skip that next time. A good water bottle works fine! :) EK has yet to get one (a wash)...it wouldn't be pretty!