Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm Speechless

It's 7:15am... and someone is crying. If you know me well, you know 7:15am may as well be 3am. I'm in bed. Jacob had just left for work and the crying won't stop. It doesn't sound like Nathan... but it is familiar. I assume its our neighbor's boy (he's just a few months older than Nathan). But the crying gets louder and louder, although still muffled. So I get up to check on Nathan and be sure he's not crying under a blanket or something. At his door, all I hear is dead silence. He's still sound asleep.

Then I hear it... Gidget... SCREAMING at the top of her lungs to come inside. Gidget is the most stubborn cat you'll ever meet. She never gives up. She just gets louder. So I let her in. I turn the corner to head back to bed - still mostly sleep walking - and see something weird all over the table... In my half-asleep mind I think "Why did Jacob leave pieces of tools everywhere and what kind of tool is that?" I reach down to pick one up. Its not a tool... its not anything that should be all over the table... what the heck is it? I turn on the light. And find this:

I immediately called Jacob. He really surprised me - big time. Its an early Valentines/Birthday present. Wow! My husband rarely surprises me - I'm too nosey for him to have the chance ;-) And the last year he got me 3 Dr. Seuss books for my bithday... hehe... So this... wow... This has surprised me majorly! My husband is the greatest! THANK YOU, HONEY :)

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Well I think he made up for the books last year!! That is a great gift and the flowers are pretty too! Way to go Jacob.

sowing9seeds said...

Yay Jacob! Aren't husbands just the greatest? What a great gift - surprise gift at that :)

Elizabeth said...

NICE! That's the same computer I have! You'll love it.

Good job, Jacob!

Rhonda said...

wow! I'm jealous!! When's your birthday??

Jennifer said...

You go girl!!! That is an awesome gift but I have to say I am sure you were happy w/ the books last year...lol