Saturday, June 30, 2012

Best Bath Ever

The kids took the best bath ever this morning... I'd been waiting for weeks to do this. But we needed the guest bathroom (with no windows) to get fixed first. And then, we needed time. Today, it all aligned ;)


I've shared how we love bathtub painting before - washable paint mixed with shaving cream makes the best bathtub paint! Today, we kicked it up a notch. Fluorescent washable paint (I heard Colorations was best, so that's what I got). Oh, and what's Nathan holding?? The innards of a non-toxic yellow highlighter. We held it under the running water till it lost all it's dye in the water.


Then when I turned off the lights (and turned on the blacklight), we got glowing water!



The kids were excited to paint again... it's been a week or so since we did last. But they didn't quite understand that I had something special up my sleeves. They were mesmerized when I turned off the lights!



It was sooo much cooler in person, though my camera did a decent job capturing the fun.



I tried to capture the kids' expressions - but they were too excited to stand still.


Trust me when I say, it was THE best bathtime EVER!


Until the paints fell... for the 4th time... then we were done. Next time I'll need to find a way to secure the muffin tin to the bath tub.


It wasn't nearly as pretty when the lights came back on... ha. 
We spent the next 5 minutes washing it all off the walls - it came off VERY easily. But the kids had been painting for about 45 minutes, so there was a LOT to clean up ;)  Including the kids - they got real baths after the tub was clean.

Glowing bathtub paint is awesome! It's definitely an activity we'll do again & again!

No comments: